W3C India office and Yahoo! India Research & Development is organizing a Workshop on Web Accessibility Initiative in India: Technology, Standards and Implementation on 11 December 2010, Bangalore. Workshop would provide the technology developers, web service and solution providers, Policy makers, NGOs and users a unique platform for understanding the common needs and implementation issues.
The special focus of workshop will be on multilingual requirements in web accessibility area and capturing the requirements for Indian languages as per W3C WCAG 2.0 Standards.The details of the workshop may be referred at: http://www.w3cindia.in/wai_conf/waiweb.html .
The workshop is free of Cost and the last date for registration is 25th November 2010.
Topics to be Covered in Workshop
W3C and Web Accessibility Initiative
- Overview of Web accessibilty and role of W3C Standards
- WCAG 2.0
- WAI-Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.0
Web Accessibility Status in India
- Challenges Multilingual web Access
- Adoption of W3C WCAG 2.0
- Guidelines for Indian Government websites-Roadmap from Web Accessibility respective and Accessibility of PDF and OFFICE documents
- Certification,Compliance and Evaluation tools
- Casestudy : Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Emerging Technology and Web Accessibility Implications
- HTML 5.0 and Accessibility
- Mobile Web and Accessibility
- Accessibility Issues for Next Generation Devices
Technology Development for Multilingual Accessibility in India
- TTS In Indian Languages
- Braille Interface in Indian Language
Business and Strategic Perspective of Web Accessibility
- Industry Session
Summary and Recommendations