Reading Tony’s Picking Off Podcasts in Linux article was quite enlightening.Though he mentions couple of programs like podcatcher and bashpodder , I list only those available by default on GNU Debian (Sid). I hope listening to podcasts would a nice experince free from technical mambo-jumbo.
- gpodder – A GTK+ Media aggregator and Podcast catcher
- gtkpod – manage songs and playlists on an Apple iPod
- hpodder – Tool to scan and download podcasts (podcatcher)
- kitty – a Qt/KDE based RSS podcast and video aggregator
- podget – Podcast aggregrator/downloader optimized for cron
- podracer – podcast aggregator/downloader
- xmms2-plugin-rss- XMMS2 – RSS podcast plugin
- miro -GTK+ based RSS video aggregator Miro (previously known as Democracy Player) is a platform for Internet television and video.
For those with technical bend of mind, building a podcast grabber is not very difficult if you know bit of programming, I guess with command line tools like xmlstarlet you can grab and process XML/RSS files right from the shell. There is an example of xmlstartlet here. But for the rest of us lay users there are indeed a bunch of programs to choose from on GNU Debian Linux.