Sunday, February 15, 2009

KAFISO Third National Short and Documentary Film Festival 2009

In a few days I would be travelling to the Third National Short & Documentary Film Festival 2009. This film festival is organized by the Karimnagar Film Society (KAFISO), the local film society of Karimnagar town in Andhra Pradesh (India). Not far from this town I started attending film screenings at our local film club (or societies as well call it in India) at very young age and two decades later I now return as a Jury of film festival. Its been a wonderful journey ! .

My last visit to Karimnagar was during the Workshop For Film Society Organisers last year. I wrote my experiences here in this blog entry. During the workshop I raised one important question about the dwindling participation of youth in the film societies movement in India. Except in the film screenings and festival in some metros, you rarely find young audience at all. And I don't see any new film Societies starting these days either, most of the active ones like the one in my hometown are long defunct.

KAFISO has really taken the right step forward by organizing this film festival in two government college in Karimnagar town, SRR Government Degree College and Women's college in Karimnagar. I hope such screenings in colleges would encourage youth take to film appreciation. On the other hand the newly formed Sircilla film society is also part of this festival (That's a good start fellows!). Watch out for this space for more news from the festival side lines.

Third National Short and Documentary Film Festival 2009 Flyer Third National Short and Documentary Film Festival 2009 Screenings locations and timings Third National Short and Documentary Film Festival 2009 Awards and entries

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave a comment here using your Google account, OpenID or as an anonymous user.

Popular Posts