Monday, December 17, 2007

MySQL Server Gotcha

Sorry folks been busy for a while but I am back now!!

The mysql server had been absent on my desktop Debian box for long time now as I haven't been doing any web app development. A little time I took to set things the way I liked ( my standard development setup is disable mysql from listening on public TCP port and serve local database requests via sockets and use lighter start-when-you-need webserver instead of apache2 with all its crowning glory) I see that the skip-networking is not default for mysql-server package on debian (unstable/sid) anymore .

A look at the /etc/mysql/my.cnf from the package revealed the new defaults have indeed changed.

 # Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on # localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure. bind-address            = 127.0.0.1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave a comment here using your Google account, OpenID or as an anonymous user.

Popular Posts