Our project is in dire need of a computer trainer (computer catalyst). If you live in Trivandrum (Kerala) and think you are the right one then write to us ASAP.
The International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs (IISE), based in Trivandrum, is looking for a talented professional in the field of computer training to work with an international team.
What is the International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs?
The IISE is the only institution worldwide that offers practical training to mainly blind and partially sighted visionaries, empowering them to become future leaders of social change. In a one year´s course, 25 to 40 international participants (aged 18+) will learn all communication, management and fundraising skills necessary to start up and run their own social/environmental projects.
The Institute is a new project of Braille Without Borders (BWB), a charitable trust now also registered in India. BWB was co-founded in 1998 by Sabriye Tenberken and Paul Kronenberg. Sabriye, blind herself since age 12, is the creator of the official Braille script for Tibetan and the Centre for the Blind in Lhasa.
Read more about BWB projects and our philosophy of blind self-integration at www.braillewithoutborders.org
What is a Catalyst?
Catalysts are more than trainers or teachers. They are creative thinkers, instigators of action, great motivators and strong team players. Your computer skills and expertise will add golden value to our multidisciplinary team of catalysts. You will apply your experience to help visionaries improve their computer skills and expertise.
What is in it for you?
A unique opportunity to make a positive impact in society and change negative attitudes towards disability. A multicultural experience, working with an international team of catalysts and participants (20 countries already involved in year one) A beautiful, ecological and stress free working environment by the Vellayani lake (11 kilometers south of Trivandrum) Healthy food (fusion cuisine) and compensation offered – please note that we are a non profit organization, thus economic incentive should come last in your motivations
- Are you the right one?
- Are you a good English speaker?
- Are you a good communicator able to coach and motivate participants?
- Are you good at computer hardware and software fundamentals?
- Are you familiar with different operating systems such as Windows, Linux etc?
- Do you have sound knowledge in computer applications such as MS office packages, internet and emailing?
- Are you experienced in the field of computer training?
- Are you positive and passionately creative?
- Are you free from prejudice against persons with disabilities?
- Are you committed and willing to give your full energy to this social project?
If you answered YES to all above questions, please immediately send your application to BrailleWB (at) gmx.net