Sunday, November 25, 2007

Is "OLPC Stomped" By Tech Giants (Intel) ?

OLPC XO Laptop

I haven't written about OLPC since the G1G1 (Give 1 Get 1) program started. Yesterday Wayan Vota of OLPCNews posted his views on Wall Street Journal's story A Little Laptop With Big Ambitions (How a Computer for the Poor Got Stomped by Tech Giants).

There is an interesting front page article on One Laptop Per Child this morning in the Wall Street Journal. Steve Stecklow takes the position that OLPC's computer for the poor was stomped by tech giants Intel and Microsoft.

I'd like to take the position that if OLPC is getting stomped (and I don't think its being "stomped" at all), its due to its own foolishness and arrogance, as much or more than any underhanded competition form Intel or Microsoft.

I've detailed my opinion here: www.olpcnews.com/commentary/press/wall_street....microsoft.html and I welcome your comments, opinions, and convictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave a comment here using your Google account, OpenID or as an anonymous user.

Popular Posts