My Nokia N70 was infected by Commwarrior worm during my stay in Bangalore. I always keep my Bluetooth connectivity disabled but the worm must have crept in via Multimedia Messaging System (MMS) or perhaps the memory card (RS-MMC) I picked up recently was already infected.
I tried to contain the worm right away by removing the GPRS/Data Access Points information and changing the phone Line In Use to line 2. The wor, would try to send MMS messages out and start the browser to connect to remote servers with .ru (Russia) domains, since both of them were blocked it started to crash and reboot every few minutes. Here is detailed steps to remove the commwarrior worm from your smart phone.
How to remove Commwarrior Worm From Nokia N70
F-Commwarrior - Tool to deactivate the worm:Download
- Download F-Commwarrior and transfer .sis file to phone(I used obexftp client to transfer .sis to phone)
- Click f-commwarrior.sis file to install the application
- Make sure that you have all applications closed
- Open F-Commwarrior application and select "Deactivate Commwarrior" from menu
- If Commwarrior is found phone boots immediately after disinfection
- Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus to finish cleaning up your phone